Deputy School Head Riara Kindergarten – Riara Road
The Riara Group of Schools is a brand that has been in existence for over four decades and is a leading institution in the education industry. We are inspired and motivated by the Riara philosophy of quality education to bridge higher education and the dynamism of the labour market. We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of a Deputy School Head for Riara Kindergarten, Riara Road.
We seek a highly competent, dynamic and motivated educational leader who will deputize the School Head in providing professional leadership and management of the School resources, while ensuring provision of quality kindergarten education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities will include but will not be limited to assisting the School Head in:
1. Ensuring the vision for the school is clearly articulated, shared, understood and acted upon effectively by all.
2. Building a strong and cohesive culture that is supported by effective systems and structures.
3. Creating an environment that optimizes the potential of each teacher and learner.
4. Organizing activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development of children.
5. Setting targets and goals for school staff through a participative process.
6. Managing school functions and activities and taking a lead role in relationship management and publicity during such events.
7. Building effective relationships with parents, education partners and external stakeholders.
8. Ensure prudent management and use of resources in the school, including and not limited to books, premises, transport, furniture etc.
9. Managing school operations in the absence of the School Head.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
1. Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related degree, and certification in Early Childhood Development Education.
2. Must be trained on the Competency Based Curriculum (CBC).
3. Must have a proven track record in educational leadership including school administration, classroom instruction, lesson plans, student assessment and staff development.
4. Experience as a Senior Teacher or any other leadership role will be beneficial.
5. Computer literate with demonstrable ICT certification.
6. Interpersonal and communication skills that enables open communication with parents, teachers and learners.
7. A self-motivated, energetic person who enjoys working in a busy and dynamic working environment.
8. The flexibility to learn and adapt to new cultures.
9. Demonstrates ability to think and act critically, creatively and independently.
Qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV including current and expected remuneration and contact details of 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Monday December 3rd 2018.