RGS – DEPUTY HEAD TEACHER VACANCY
The Riara Group of Schools is a brand that has been in existence for over four decades and is a leading institution in the education industry. We are inspired and motivated by the Riara philosophy of quality education to bridge higher education and the dynamism of the labour market. As a result of growth and expansion, we are looking for a competent candidate to fill the position of a Deputy Head Teacher.
To support the School Head in providing inspiring leadership, mentorship, coaching and developing strong teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities will include but will not be limited to assisting the School Head in:
1. Ensuring the vision for the school is clearly articulated, shared, understood and acted upon effectively by all.
2. Building a strong and cohesive culture that is supported by effective systems and structures.
3. Setting targets and goals for school staff through a participative process.
4. Providing regular feedback to colleagues in a way that recognizes good practice and supports their progress against professional and performance management objectives.
5. Conducting annual reviews based on standards of leadership, teaching and learning in specific areas of responsibility.
6. Monitoring coverage of the syllabus, quality of teaching and effectiveness of learning outcomes.
7. Ensuring teachers and support staff have all necessary working resources required in undertaking their responsibilities.
8. Providing leadership in guiding the various co-curricular activities and school based events.
9. Working with senior school management to achieve high levels of team spirit and synergy.
10. Handling behaviour rectification matters to develop unique, courteous, respectful individuals.
11. Building effective relationships with parents, education partners and external stakeholders.
12. Managing school operations in the absence of the School Head.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
1. Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related degree.
2. Must have a proven track record in educational leadership including school administration, classroom instruction, lesson plans, student assessment and staff development.
3. Experience as a Senior Teacher or Head of Department will be beneficial.
4. Excellent IT, interpersonal and communication skills that enables open communication with parents, teachers and learners.
5. A self-motivated, energetic person who enjoys working in a busy and dynamic working environment.
6. The flexibility to learn and adapt to new cultures.
7. Demonstrates ability to think and act critically, creatively and independently.
Qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV including current and expected remuneration and contact details of 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business, Friday 14th December 2018.
To date Riara has succeeded in building a name as a reputable institution offering quality and holistic education; meeting the needs and requirements of her.
Download our pdf
Be part of The Riara Family
The origins of The Riara Group of Schools go back to the Balmoral Kindergarten which existed on Riara Road and was owned.
Social Media Pages:
- Riara Group of Schools, Riara Road P.O. Box 21389, 00505 Nairobi
- Phone : 0703 038 100 0703 038 200
- Email :email@example.com