Hygiene and Food Safety Officer
The Riara Group of Schools is a brand that has been in existence for over four decades and is a leading institution in the education industry. We are inspired and motivated by the Riara philosophy of quality education to bridge higher education and the dynamism of the labour market. We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of a Hygiene and Food Safety Officer.
We seek a highly competent, dynamic and motivated Hygiene and Food Safety Officer who will assist the Group Executive Chef in identifying and controlling any hazards that may arise during the preparation, presentation and service of food. The incumbent will ensure that the RGS culinary team meets local and international hygiene standards, and assists the Group Executive Chef in auditing, guiding, correcting and supporting efficient and satisfying culinary operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to assisting the Group Executive Chef in:
1. Conducting hygiene audits of all kitchen staff.
2. Regular random spot checks on food, food storage items and transport equipment.
3. Daily kitchen inspections of the personal, environmental and food hygiene conditions.
4. Daily cleaning status in kitchens with respective kitchen managers and teachers in charge of catering.
5. Developing on the job food safety training programmes for all kitchen, service and stewarding staff.
6. Coordinating microbial food tests with kitchens and laboratory in case of suspected food borne illnesses.
7. Liaising with pest control companies and house-keeping for any pest issues.
8. Maintaining and make improvements to hygiene standards.
9. Maintaining documentation on all hygiene and food safety standards through the operation.
10. Regular review of food safety standards of all food handlers with the institution.
11. Developing reports on the operational hygiene gaps and creating action plans to address the same.
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
Must possess a Food Science based degree with at least 3 years working experience in a similar role, or a related Diploma from a recognized institution with at least 5 years working experience.
Certification in food safety/HACCP or equivalent.
Fully understands food safety standards and procedures.
Previous experience in managing the production of fresh food is preferred.
Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Ability to interact with internal customers, employees and their parties.
Can work independently and proactively develop rational solutions to problems.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Can work under pressure with minimal supervision.
Has the ability to inspect and evaluate the work of colleagues.
Qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV including current and expected remuneration and contact details of 3 referees to email@example.com by close of business Wednesday, August 21st 2019.