The Riara International School offers a high quality creative approach to development learning and achievement. We aim to nourish all aspects of the child through their experience in work and play. We want our students to acquire a strong academic foundation skills for life.
At RIS we capture pupils’ imagination and extend their learning by planning interesting exciting activities
British National Curriculum (BNC)
RIS offers the BNC from Key Stage 1
The aim and objectives of BNC:
- Provide opportunities for all pupils to learn and achieve to the best of their ability. Pupils should be equipped with learning skills of literacy, numeracy, information and communication technology and promote an enquiring mind and capacity to think rationally.
- Promote pupil’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Develop knowledge, understanding and appreciation of their own and different beliefs and cultures, and how these influence individuals and societies.
- Responsibilities and experiences of life to promote pupil’s self-esteem and emotional well-being and to help them form and maintain a worthwhile and satisfying relationship, based on respect for themselves and others.
- The curriculum emphasises the development of knowledge, understanding, skills, and attitudes necessary for self-fulfilment and development as active and responsible citizens.
Key skills in BNC
Six skill areas described as key skills that help learners improve their learning and performance in education, work and life. These key skills are embedded in the National Curriculum.
- Application of number
- Information technology
- Working with others
- Improving own learning and performance
- Problem solving
Cognitive skills in BNC
By using thinking skills pupils can focus on ‘knowing how’ as well as ‘knowing what’ – learning how to learn.
The following thinking skills complement the key skills and are embedded in the National Curriculum.
- Information-processing skills
- Reasoning skills
- Enquiry skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Evaluation skills
- Information and Communication Technology
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Art & Design
- Physical Education
- Personal, Social and Health Education
RIS endeavours to provide a broad based approach to give pupils as many relevant experiences as possible. RIS is very much a family school where the ‘hidden’ curriculum is of equal importance.
Teachers combine individual and group teaching depending on the needs of the pupils and the subject matter.
RIS will support children to achieve their potential, enjoy their school experience and develop their interpersonal skills. Our teachers make lessons engaging, fun and rewarding. You can be confident that at RIS your child will have a solid foundation.
Our environment is stimulating with a strong emphasis of learning through play, exploration and discovery.
To give children equal opportunities for learning, through a wide variety of experiences that will develop their knowledge, skills and character.
To date Riara has succeeded in building a name as a reputable institution offering quality and holistic education; meeting the needs and requirements of her. download our pdf
Be part of The Riara Family
The origins of The Riara Group of Schools go back to the Balmoral Kindergarten which existed on Riara Road and was owned.