Extra Curricula/Extended Learning
We guide children to make sense of their physical world and their community through opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment.
We offer a number of activities, which include choir, orchestra, dance, football, swimming, drama, science, ICT and wildlife.
Our well-stocked library offers a wide range of fiction and non-fiction books,
daily newspapers, periodicals, current journals, educational reports and
audio visual aids. Reading and research are key elements that RIS fosters in
developing an inquisitive mind in our students.
– All classrooms are stimulating and designed to facilitate an active learningexperience for our students.
– We provide a professional learning environment in which children feelsafe, supported and challenged while developing to their full academic,social, emotional and physical potential.
– Strong 40-year old heritage includes;
* Small Class Size
* Individualized attention and support learning teachers.
* Use of technology, reality and field trips to enhance learning.
* Quality education in a loving & caring environment
* Wide & varied curriculum
We provide a sanatorium managed by a qualified nurse. The sanatorium attends to minor illnesses and
first aid services. In addition RIS has contracted the services of a reputable Ambulance Service for all emergency services to nearby hospitals for treatment.
Other health services provided include:
1. Health Education – Personal hygiene, healthy living and the transition into adolescence.
2. Mentoring & Counselling
3. Safety – The importance of safe play and focus are regularly emphasized.
Good health and a sense of well being are important to a child. Our Catering Department offers a wide
range of nutritious, well balanced and delicious meals that meet the nutritional needs and tastes of all our
students. A team of teachers will supervise meal times to monitor service delivery and student satisfaction.
The catering-staff carries out food handler’s tests thrice a year in order to ensure the strictest compliance to hygiene and safety standards, in addition to conducting standards training. RIS school meals are prepared and cooked in our own kitchen. Our desire is to encourage children to eat healthly and experience new foods by offering them fresh, home cooked meals.